The ACI emerged out of the United Pentecostal Movement in 1963. Bishop Teklemariam Gezahegn(Dr.) began to embrace and preach the doctrines of Oneness and Jesus' Name baptism during this time. In recent years, the ACI has become more ethnically diverse. A number of churches more than 5000, has got memebers more than 3 Million all over the world today. It is head quartered in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and Bishop Teklemariam Gezahegn(Dr) is the the General Superintendent of ACI while Bishop Degu Kebede being the superintendent of Apostolic Church of Ethiopia(Mother Church).
I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it (Matthew 16:18).
Christ is the head of the church: and he is the Savior of the body (Ephesians 5:23)
"....devoted men out of every nation under heaven." Acts 2:5 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God (Acts 2:9-11).
What should we actually believe about Jesus Christ? Is He the LORD, the God of the Old Testament, or the second person of a Trinity? If Jesus Christ is NOT the God of the Old Testament, what should we then do with the following scriptures?
1. Isaiah 43:11-12 God Himself said “I, even I, am the LORD, and beside me there is no Saviour.” But in Luke 2:11 an angel proclaiming the birth of Jesus says: For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the LORD.
2. Isaiah 44:6 The ONE God says: I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Yet in Revelation 2:8 and 22:13 it states that JESUS IS THE FIRST AND THE LAST!
3. In Luke 4:8 Jesus answers Satan with the Word of God and says: Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. Now we find, however, that Jesus accepts worship from the people as if He were God, and never rebukes anyone for doing this (Matthew 8:2-3; 14:32-33, 15:25) If He were not the LORD God and did not correct such mistakes then it would have been blasphemy. Christ would only accept that which is entitled to the first person of the Trinity. To put the devil in his place and then accept worship for Himself would be inconsistent if He did not happen to be the LORD, the one God. But Jesus knows who He Himself really is.
4. Isaiah 44:24 The Almighty God declares: I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens ALONE, that spreadeth abroad the earth by MYSELF. Yet now we find clearly stated in Colossians 1:16 and John1:3 that all things were created by Jesus. Is there a contradiction here or is Jesus Christ the Almighty God of the Old Testament?
5. The forgiving of sins is solely the matter of God Almighty. Isaiah writes again (Is 43:25): I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake and will not remember thy sins. The Jews understood this scripture verse. Look what they imputed to Jesus, Mark2:7 “Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? Who can forgive sins but God only?“ They were right, only the Almighty God is entitled to this right. But they did not RECOGNIZE Jesus because they did NOT know the God of their fathers; they were wrapped up in tradition. If only the “Trinitarians” would accept the Word of God! 2. Corinthian 5:19 “To wit, that GOD WAS IN CHRIST; RECONCILING THE WORLD UNTO HIMSELF.” God the Father, who is spirit came and prepared body/flesh and manifested in flesh so that he could offer his blood and life on the cross for reconciliation.
See "Our Belief" Section for More